Monday, July 7, 2008

Finally Home!

Well friends, I finally made it home. We left Atlanta on Tuesday and arrived home Thursday night. We stayed in St. Louis, MO Tuesday night at AJ's aunts condo. It was actually really fun to stay there. They let us stay for free and even took us out for dinner at an upscale pizza parlor. It was fun visiting with them and also interesting that AJ's uncle is president of brewing for budweiser and has a master's in brewing. I didn't even know anyone offered a masters in brewing. Anyways, we also had a nice little chat with AJ's aunt about the whole mess in Texas with the polygamist group and made sure that she understood that we aren't affiliated with them at all, don't worry, we did it in a nice way. But, then we woke up and left for the road again. We ended up in Independence, MO for lunch and was very happy that a lynch mob didn't chase out of town because we were starving. Just kidding. Then from there we drove all the way to Cheyenne, WY and got a hotel which actually proved difficult because apparently there was a rodeo and baseball team in town and all the hotels were full. After staying the night in a La Quinta we got up and drove the rest of the way home. We did get a little side tracked though because we wanted to take some pictures of Palisades lake to send back to our Atlanta friends and then of course, we had to stop for square ice cream. Yum. Then we made it home around seven o'clock Thursday night and I was exhausted. I still got up the next morning and went fourwheeling with the fam even though I wanted to fall asleep while driving up the hill. LOL Then we went to the fireworks at 7N ranch because we didn't want to fight the crowds in Idaho Falls. Oh, and I was also able to hook up my adopted sister Stephanie with AJ. Funny thing but they hit it off, and it helped that they had been talking and texting for a month and a half before they met, which was when we got home from Atlanta. I think I made a good match. Then we went to a family reunion thing and I got some cute pics of Asher and Hallie. Such cuties. Check it out.




Then I decided to experiment a little with my new camera and got some good shots of flowers. I have really been into taking flower pictures lately. Check these out. And for now, I'm going to let you go. Take care bloggers.



3 comments:

Jess said...

welcome home!! I'm glad you made it safe and your flower pix are amazing!! I wish you could come out and just give me some lessons :)

Summers Family said...

Either that is an amazing camera or you are just a gifted photographer. Love the pics and am heppy your home. Remeber Vegas is only a hop, skip and jump away!!lol

The Wright Family said...

I finally read your blog. You'll have to post some more Atlanta pics for all of us. I'm glad that you were safe driving!

Graduation for Paramedic Class of 2008

Graduation for Paramedic Class of 2008

My Paramedic Pin

My Paramedic Pin

Graduation brought all the traditions too!

Graduation brought all the traditions too!

Thanks for coming Kristin!

Thanks for coming Kristin!

Sisters, Sisters

Sisters, Sisters

Pepper

Pepper

My Fellow Paramedic Students in Action

My Fellow Paramedic Students in Action



See What We Put Up With

See What We Put Up With